Heart of England League AGM 2019
The AGM will be held on 20 November 2019 at Stratford upon Avon School in the Track Pavilion at 7.00pm.
- Club Officers
- Presentation of 2019 trophies and medals
- Any issues with 2019 competition
- feedback from this year’s programme and suggestions for 2020
- 2 x High Jump competitors
- League rules
- 2020 League/division composition and letters/numbers see attached
- 2020 League Programme
- feedback of this years programme and suggestions for 2020
- revised timing if necessary?
- 2020 Fixtures, dates & venues
- see attached
- Results Collators
About the League
The Heart of England League is known as the "friendly league" and was formed in 1978 to give Midland based clubs local competition to a broader range of athletes including non-scoring Under 11s.
The original 5 clubs that formed the league were: Banbury, Leamington, Rugby,
Today there are 28 clubs competing in 3 matches across 4 divisions with promotion and relegation at the end of the season.
There isn't an elected Management Committee. The league has always been run in a more relaxed, ad hoc, consensus way by the competing clubs.
Paul Bearman (Stratford upon Avon AC) is the Leagues Co-ordinator and has been co-opted to chair the AGM in recent years. Martin Smith (Droitwich AC) is the Treasurer.
Decisions to change rules or the timetable etc. are suggested by the clubs and any changes are made after consultation and approval (or not) by a majority decision of the clubs.